Tuesday, July 6, 2010

This week's menu

Well, my in-laws didn't end up staying for a meal on July 4th, so I had too much steak. And the weather report says it's going to be hot this week (up to 99 on Thursday!), so I'm trying to stay out of the kitchen.

Anyway, here's this week's dinners:

Monday=leftover steak, mac and cheese, watermelon (we had a huge salad for lunch, so my hubby wanted to skip a veggie-naughty man!)

Tuesday=sandwiches with deli meat, sliced cheese, tomato, lettuce (leftover from the salad) and condiments. Sometimes I put alfalfa sprouts or cucumber slices on the sandwiches, which makes it feel more summery to me.

Wednesday=finally trying those sweet potato burritos! I try to plan at least one meal a week with no perishable items, so if life gets in the way, I can push that meal back indefinitely, and this week I needed it.

Thursday=with a high of 99 degrees, my husband has offered to pick up some takeout on the way home. Our AC bill will be outrageous enough without making the poor AC unit fight the heat of the kitchen.

I'll be going back to Publix on Friday to get ingredients for the weekend meals. If it ever cools off, I'm tempted to make fresh peach crisp. Maybe I'll look around online for a microwave version.

ETA: I'll try this one sometime this weekend, once I buy peaches on Friday.
Microwave Peach Crisp It sounds like it'd be really yummy with a small scoop of Breyer's Extra Creamy Vanilla ice cream.
Unfortunately, V. won't be able to try this treat. As many of you probably saw on my Facebook page. V. had a reaction to cinnamon a few days ago. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment