Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Easy Lemon Chicken and Rice

I finally figured out my meal plans for the weekend.

For Friday's dinner, I'll be serving Allrecipe's Easy Lemon Chicken and Rice.

I love that this cooks in a microwave, so my kitchen will stay nice and cool. The last time I made this recipe, E. was still intolerant of rice, so I omitted it. I'm curious how it will turn out with the rice this time.

I doubled the recipe, but I only had chicken broth in 1-cup servings, so I used one and added 1/2 c. water to make up the difference. The recipe was definitely better with rice. The rice absorbed all the yummy chicken broth and lemon juice. I thought it was a nice balance of protein, carb and veggie, and I loved the lemon with the rice. I could happily eat this once or twice a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment