Thursday, July 1, 2010

Corn and Potato Chowder

Tonight's recipe is courtesy of Amanda at A Few Shortcuts. She posted a ham corn and potato chowder, and I had all the ingredients on hand except for the ham. Enjoy!

I accidently threw in a can of creamed corn, as that's what E. handed to me, and I didn't check until it was already in the pot. :O

I mashed up the potatoes in about 2/3 c. of the chowder, and V. ate it all. She probably would have demanded more, but a little piece of her leftover birthday chocolate cake (egg-free) was offered so I could escape upstairs and finally take my shower for the day-yes, post-dinner. It's amazing what you learn to live with when you become a parent.

Anyway, picky E. ate a serving without too much of a fuss so she could also get her hands on a bit of the cake.

My husband didn't complain or make any suggestions for improvement, so that's about 3 stars for him.

I thought it was surprisingly creamy and not a bad version of potato soup, considering how easy it was. I left my pot gurgling for almost 2 hours and the potatoes were still quite firm, so I might try throwing this in the crockpot next time or using mashed potato flakes instead of diced potatoes, as I prefer a smoother texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment